16 May Intimacy and Identity after Motherhood
Parenthood is demanding and children take an enormous amount of energy and time.
They are entirely dependent on us to care for them, to keep them safe and to teach them along the way.
This is especially so for mums of young children and infants, when you may be breastfeeding, or being a stay at home mum.
Loneliness, isolation and boredom is often present too.
Since having children…
- Are you feeling lonely and dissatisfied with your relationship?
- Are you becoming more and more emotionally disconnected from your relationship?
- Has your relationship suffered because it’s evolved into a child-centred one?
Balancing parenthood and relationship is an age old problem.
Our culture in the past 20 years hasn’t helped as we often feel pressure to meets society’s definition of a “perfect parent”.
According to Dr John Gorman (US author, MD and paediatrician) “The sad irony is that in trying to create the perfect life for their children…parents fail to provide what kids need most- a happy home”.
One of the best gifts we can show our kids is a strong, healthy marriage. This makes for a happier, less tense, less stressed environment for children, and parents alike, to flourish.
- Reclaim your identity as both a mother and an individual with wants and needs of your own. This can be done through a modality called PSYCH-K®.
- See the situation from your partner’s perspective, and in doing so see the issues in a less angry and hurtful light. Together we will use some NLP techniques to help you to understand the full story.
- Improve your communication skills so you express issues with your partner more clearly without getting angry, resentful or snippy. NLP is also a wonderful tool for this to be achieved.
- Identify key feelings through TimeLine Therapy™.
- Learn to say “I’m sorry” to both yourself and your partner
- Find common ground to move forward together
- Re-establish the calm and harmonious home you dreamt of through being conscious of your behaviours
- Express affection with your partner- even in front of the kids
- Stop making every moment revolve around the kids. Look at the whole picture
This subject is personal and sensitive and it is often difficult to find the right person to talk to about these issues, and for that person to be completely objective.
My personal interest in you and creating a happier more fulfilling life for you underpins everything I do.
Contact me confidentially here, and together we will get the life you deserve. Things can and will get better.